Elder adults who are satisfied with their social lives face physical, cognitive, and emotional challenges significantly less than isolated elder people do.
Socializing has various effects on betterment of health status:
- It reduces stress. Elder individuals, who are socially active, cope better with stress. An individual who is not under stress has significant
improvements in cardiovascular health, and an advanced immune system.
- It prolongs lifetime.
- It increases physical activity. Elder individuals, who are socially active, both tend to be more active physically, and workout more often.
- It lowers the depression risk. Socializing during geriatric era lowers the probability of elder people experiencing depression caused by isolation
- It lowers anxiety levels.
- Socializing helps elder individuals to protect their self-respect and sense of worth for themselves.
Bilge Hayatlar Family is aware of the importance of socializing, and provides social areas, which are especially designed for them. Also, our guests can meet with their loved ones in Bilge Hayatlar residences
between 09.00 and 19.00, every day of the week.